Since taking office as the Citrus County Tax Collector in 2001, Janice Warren has reorganized the office into a highly efficient, “one-stop” customer service experience by cross training staff and adding more services to provide to citizens, including Driver License services.
Janice’s vision for the office is to serve as the lead role model in customer service, financial integrity, and innovation.
Under Janice’s leadership, the Citrus County Tax Collector’s Office received recognition from the Florida Sterling Council for completion of the Sterling Explorer assessment process. This is designed for organizations that have a fundamental understanding of the principles of organizational performance excellence. The office received the highest score in the area of customer focus on the Sterling Navigator assessment the Florida Sterling Council had ever seen in 20 years.
Mrs. Warren is a “Certified Florida Collector”, having completed coursework in various areas of the duties and responsibilities of Tax Collectors. She was installed as the District 7 Director to the statewide Florida Tax Collector’s Association in 2002. Mrs. Warren has chaired the Education, Investment Trust and Historical committees of the Florida Tax Collectors Association. She has held the offices of Secretary, 2nd and 1st Vice President and was the statewide Florida Tax Collector association 2009-2010 President. Janice has been a member of the statewide Division of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Tax Collector Steering Committee and is a member of the Florida Tax Collector Legislative Committee.
Mrs. Warren is a graduate of the University of Florida School Of Banking, the SunTrust Bank University Management Academy and attended the Institute of Financial Education. She has over 25 years experience in executive management in the financial services industry in areas of customer relations and compliance with state and federal statutes. She is a designated Certified Executive Leader, completing the Executive Leadership Academy facilitated by Valencia College.
Janice’s leadership roles and recognition include:
- Received special recognition & designation as a Purple Heart Tax Collector Office bestowed by the Aaron A. Weaver Chapter 776 Military Order of the Purple Heart – 2017
- 1st Organization to receive the Aaron A. Weaver Chapter 776 Military Order of the Purple Heart “Proud Supporter Award”. -2014
- Honored with the “Lifetime Member” award from the Aaron A. Weaver 776 Military Order of the Purple Heart organization.
- Governor’s Community Leadership Recognition
- Chairperson of the Citrus 2030 Steering Committee
- Executive Director of the Executive Leadership Academy
- Lifetime Director of Citrus County Chamber of Commerce
- Citrus County Chamber of Commerce Humanitarian Award
- Citrus County Veterans Foundation Board Member
- Florida World War II Veterans Memorial Certificate of Appreciation
- United Way Chairman
- Citrus County Junior Achievement Board Chair
- Founding Director of Citrus County Junior Achievement
- Junior Achievement Visionary Award
- Junior Achievement National Bronze, Silver, and Gold Leadership Awards
- Founding Director and Chairman of Citrus 20/20
- Chairman and Director of Leadership Citrus Board of Governors
- Graduate of Inaugural Class of the Citrus County Sheriff’s Academy
- American Heart Association Board of Directors
- Citrus County Library Board
- Friends of the Springs Wildlife Park
- Sertoma Regional Service to Mankind Award Winner
- Kiwanis Club President
- Economic Development Council Person of the Year
- Altrusa Most Admired Government Leader
- Citrus County Construction Licensing and Appeals Board
Janice is a native Floridian, born in Jacksonville and is a licensed airplane pilot and certified scuba diver. She and her husband, Dave, raised their 2 children in Citrus County and are proud grandparents of their granddaughter, Shelby.