Please click on this link to complete the CCTC Employment Application. Once completed, return along with resume (if applicable), using one of the following options:
Part-Time Customer Service Representative
Monday – Friday / 27.5 hours
This position provides customer service to the public in person or by phone, performs clerical work within the office, and is responsible for processing transactions in accordance with Florida Statutes, rules, and regulations. Works under direct supervision and under the policies and procedures set forth by the organization.
Essential Job functions
- Provides excellent service with a friendly, professional demeanor
- Process various transactions for Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) – titles, registrations, handicap parking placards, driver license services, etc.
- Process transactions for the Department of Revenue (DOR) – tax payments, etc.
- Process transactions for the Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission – hunting/fishing licenses and permits
- Responsible for daily managing and balancing of cash drawer; preparation of bank deposit
- Use of multiple computer software systems
- Ability to train to learn multiple functions
- Other duties as assigned including performing Receptionist functions
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least two years of customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certificates, Licenses, etc.
Ability to obtain a State of Florida Notary Public commission.
Must possess and maintain a valid Class E or higher Florida Driver License in good standing.
The information is to be used by the Human Resources Department of the Tax Collector for Citrus County, Florida for screening purposes.
FAILURE TO COMPLETE ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF APPLICATION.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to nondiscrimination in employment. The Citrus County Tax Collector office strives for diversity in its workforce.
Veterans’ Preference will be given to eligible veterans and their spouses in accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes and Florida Administrative Code Chapter 55-7A with respect to Veterans’ Preference in appointment, retention and promotion. (A copy of a DD-214 form or other supporting documentation must be submitted).
The Citrus County Tax Collector is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.