Limited services will be provided at our Inverness Office. They include:
- Driver License and ID Card replacements.
- Title transfers.
- Commercial Driver Licenses services.
- Registration renewals that expire within a week.
The following services can be performed online or on the phone:
- Driver Licenses/ ID Card Renewals. Those that expire between March 16, 2020 and April 15, 2020 have been granted a 30-day extension beyond their current expiration date.
- Customers who have a Florida Driver License or ID card that is expiring soon and are not Real ID compliant cannot renew them online. They should contact our office to purchase a Temporary Permit that is valid for 180 days for $6.25. The customer should return to the office within 180 days with their documents to renew their license or ID card.
- Vehicle, boat and mobile registrations renewals.
- Property tax payments/ print receipts. (Department of Revenue Executive Director Jim Zingale, as authorized by the Governor has issued an emergency order to extend the final due date for property tax payments for the 2019 tax year.
The order applies to all 67 Florida counties. Property tax is normally due by March 31 in the year following the year the taxes are assessed. The Department waives the due date so that payments remitted by April 15, 2020, for the 2019 tax year will be considered timely paid.)
- Business Tax Receipts payments.
- Hunting and fishing licenses.
Transacting business online or via phone may require additional nominal processing fees.
Registration renewals, tax payments and Business Tax Receipt renewals can be mailed to our office or can be dropped off in drop boxes located at both offices with no additional fees.
We have suspended all future Driving Road Tests and Concealed Weapons transactions though April 19th.
Our Meadowcrest office is temporarily closed to the public at this time.
For more information please call (352) 341-6500.