Renewal of motor vehicle license plate, which expires at midnight of the owners birthday. Renewals are accepted 90 days prior to your birth month. This applies to passenger cars, recreational vehicles, light trucks under 5,000lbs, small trailers and Motorcycles. Private vessel/boat registrations also expire at this time.
Other Important Dates
- Receive a 2% discount on payments of property taxes.
- Receive a 1% discount on payment of property taxes.
- Full amount due on property taxes by March 31st. Final(fourth) property tax installment program payment due by March 31st. Tax payers currently enrolled in the installment program do not need to reapply to continue in the program.
- All unpaid real estate property taxes become delinquent April 1st, At this time a 3% penalty is added to the gross amount.
- All unpaid tangible personal property taxes become delinquent on April 1st. At this time a 1.5% penalty is added to the gross amount.
- New occupational licenses are prorated beginning April 1st; half-year fees apply.
- New applications for the next years Installment Payment program must be turned in by April 30th.
- A listing of delinquent real estate taxes are advertised once a week for 3 consecutive weeks in the local newspaper. The cost of this advertisement is added to the tax bill.
- A listing of delinquent tangible personal property is advertised one time in the local newspaper. The cost of this advertisement is added to the tax bill.
- The Tax Certificate Sale for delinquent taxes begins on or before June 1st.
- Tax Warrant processing begins on delinquent tangible personal property taxes June 1st.
- First Installment payment is due June 30th.
- First installment payment must be received by July 30th, no discount is allowed and a 5% penalty is added. Failure to make the first installment payment will drop the taxpayer from the program.
- Business Tax renewals begin August 1st.
- Business Tax renewals are due by September 30th.
- Second installment payments are due by September 30th.
- Business Tax become delinquent October 1st and penalties will apply.
- Collection of Real Estate and Tangible Personal Property taxes begin. Payments made by November 30th receive a 4% discount.
- Receive a 3% discount on payment of real estate and tangible personal property taxes.
- Third installment payment is due by December 31st.
- Registration and renewal of trucks over 5,000lbs, truck-trailers, semi-trailers, nine-passenger and over vehicles for hire, due by December 31st.
- Mobile home decal expire on December 31st.