Registration expiration dates are determined by the 1st registered owner. If it is an individual, it will expire midnight of his/her birthday. If it is a company or business, it will expire midnight June 30th. For heavy trucks weighing over 5,000 pounds, truck-tractors, semi-trailers, and nine or more passenger motor vehicles for hire (buses), the registration will expire midnight December 31st
You may renew your registration up to 90 days prior to the month in which the registration expires in.
An expired registration may result in a citation from law enforcement. If a registration is not renewed within 10 days after the renewal month, a penalty will be charged.
Registration renewals can be processed:
- In Person
Inverness Courthouse Annex – 210 N. Apopka Ave, Inverness FL 34450 OR Crystal River Branch – 1540 N. Meadowcrest Blvd., Crystal River FL 34429 Items needed:
- Driver license number, date of birth, address, and vehicle information. A renewal notice, previous registration, or current registration may be used.
- Proof of Florida insurance may be needed
- Payment Accepted:
- Debit Card ($2.50 Convenience Fee)
- Credit Card (2.5% Convenience Fee, $2.50 minimum)
- Check (with valid photo ID)
- By Mail
Janice Warren, Tax Collector – 210 N. Apopka Ave, Inverness FL 34450 Items needed:
- Completed registration renewal notice with insurance information and signature
- Payment Accepted: Check with valid ID card or DL number, date of birth, and telephone number written on it.
- By visiting Online Registration Renewal.