Our office now issues certified copies of Florida Birth Certificates.
As a partner of the Florida Department of Health’s Bureau of Vital Statistics, Florida-born citizens are now able to obtain a certified copy of their birth certificate at our Inverness and Crystal River offices.
This partnership will help make the process more convenient to obtain a certified Florida Birth Certificate for any needed reason.
Follow these steps to get your Florida Birth Certificate.
Step 1: Provide a Picture ID.
- Driver’s License, or
- State Identification Card, or
- Passport, or
- Military Identification Card.
Step 2: Determine Eligibility.
- Be the child named on the Florida birth certificate AND 18 years of age or older, or
- Be the parent of the person named on the Florida birth certificate.
Step 3: Provide Certificate Holder Information.
- Full name of person at birth and any subsequent legal name changes,
- Date of birth,
- City or county of birth,
- Mother’s full name including her maiden surname, and
- Father’s full name (if his name is on the record).
Step 4: Provide Applicant Information.
- Full name,
- Relationship to person named on the certificate (father, mother, self, etc.),
- Mailing address (including city, state and zip code), and
- Daytime phone number.
Step 5: Complete Application for Florida Birth Record.
Reminder: If applicant is self or parent, then the applicant must complete this application and provide valid photo identification. If applicant is not one of the above, the application AND an Affidavit to Release a Birth Certificate must be completed by an authorized person such as a legal guardian or legal representative and submitted to the Department of Vital Records.
Acceptable forms of identification are the following:
- Driver’s License,
- State Identification Card,
- Passport, and/or
- Military Identification Card
Step 6: Pay applicable fees.
- $21.25 – Certified Florida Birth Certificate ($15.00 Florida Department of Health Birth Certificate Fee + $6.25 Citrus County Tax Collector Administrative Fee).
- $10.00 – Fee for each additional copy of the same certificate.
- $3.00 – Protective Sleeve (optional).
Checks, cash, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover are acceptable forms of payment.
Reminder: Current and valid photo ID required. Acceptable forms of ID are Driver’s License, State Identification Card, Passport and/or Military Identification Card.
Please note: There is a 2.5% convenience fee charged by our third-party payment processor, Grant Street Group, for all credit card payments.
If you were not born in Florida and need additional information on how to order a birth certificate from another state, visit the National Center for Health Statistics.